ATHA Code of Conduct
ATHA Code of Conduct – Preamble
ATHA Limited is an Association of members serving in the tiny house sector. It is a national Association for the tiny house sector both on wheels and skids advocating for permanent occupation in Australia.
The Association and its Members are committed to promoting the highest standards in member to member and business conduct, and full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, codes and standards. The Association encourages professional dealings between members and the public.
This Code of Conduct has been developed by the Executive of the Australian Tiny House Association (ATHA) and is applicable Australia wide.
To Whom Does this Code Apply?
This Code of Conduct applies to all Members of A THA. It is the duty of every Member to comply with this Code, and to take all reasonable steps to not commit any act or make any omission which would be a breach of this Code.
The Aims of this Code
This Code aims to:
- promote the highest standards of competence, workmanship and conduct by Members in the tiny house sector;
- provide guidance to Members on best practice for the marketing, and supply of tiny house and product supplier services to the public;
- establish a simple and effective complaints handling and disputes resolution procedure, with appropriate sanctions for breaches of this Code; and
- through responsible self-regulation, complement and enhance existing laws and codes governing Members.
All Members of the Association have agreed to be bound by the ATHA Code of Conduct, under which they shall at all times conduct their business so as to:
- provide products and services with competence, fairness, value, honesty and integrity;
- ensure that all products and services they provide are delivered as advertised, and that all claims made are genuine;
- ensure that standards of workmanship are provided as promised to the customer, in accordance with appropriate industry practice, and in a manner which shall enhance the reputation of the sector; and
- avoid any action which might bring the Association and its Members into
Relations Between Members
The individual success of other Members benefits the tiny house sector and the Association and, in turn aids each Member through their relationship with ATHA. Therefore, Members shall:
- seek to promote the goals of the Association by adhering to the principles in this Code and providing mutual support and assistance to other Members bound by this Code; and
- at all times conduct their business in free and fair competition, and refrain from making any misleading or untrue statements about other
Any Member who believes they have a complaint against another Member in connection with their commercial conduct may ask the Executive Committee of the Association to deal with the complaint under this Code of Conduct.
Unless satisfied that the complaint is not genuine, is trivial or vexatious, the Secretary will refer it to the Executive Committee for decision.
The Executive Committee shall consider the complaint in a fair and proper manner.
The Executive Committee, if it finds that a Member is in breach of this Code, may take disciplinary action against the Member, including cautioning, reprimanding, suspending, obtaining undertakings in relation to future conduct or terminating the membership of the Member.
This Code is administered by the Executive Committee. The Executive shall:
- keep this Code under review to ensure that it is achieving its stated objectives; and
- if necessary, and after due consultation with interested bodies, implement any changes to this Code which appears desirable.
The Association shall make every effort to ensure that the benefits and obligations of this Code are known as widely as possible, among its Members.
Any correspondence should be sent by email to: email@example.com
ATHA Code of Conduct – The Principles
All Members of the Australian Tiny House Association (ATHA) have agreed to be bound by the Code of Conduct, under which they shall at all times conduct themselves so as to:
- Act with competence, fairness, honesty, and
- Ensure that all products and services they provide are delivered as advertised, and that all claims made are genuine.
- Ensure that standards of workmanship are provided as promised, and in a manner which shall enhance the reputation of the
- At all times refrain from making any misleading or untrue statements about other Members.
- Avoid any action which might bring the Association and its Members into disrepute.
- Not represent their association with ATHA in a manner that has not been agreed to by the ATHA Committee.
- Represent ATHA in public forums, with integrity and professionalism, always adhering to the Rules of Association.